“Extend Allscripts to The Point of Care Using CareWatch!”
The CareWatch cwExchange interface for the Allscripts application allows automatic, bi-directional telephony EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) information to be exchanged between CareWatch and the Allscripts billing and scheduling back-end application using the powerful Allscripts Rhapsody interface engine.
CareWatch synchronizes key information pertinent to the visit in an almost real-time manner. This allows the caregiver to have the most up-to-date information available to them when they call in to document the visit.
Extends Allscripts to the Point-of-Care
CareWatch extends your Allscripts system right to your patient’s home at the point-of-care. By using the patient’s home telephone as your input device, there is no need for expensive hand-held devices or smartphones. However, should a patient phone not be available, CareWatch has solutions for that too.
Good, Clean Visits
All visits go through a QA Process to ensure that they are correct and billable. CareWatch looks for certain exception criteria that would prevent that visit from being billed. These exceptions can cause the visit to not be sent to Allscripts until they are corrected. Only visits with accurate and complete data are sent to Allscripts.
One Point of Data Entry
Information is entered where you do it today – in the Allscripts system. With the cwExchange for Allscripts interface, there is no need for duplicate entries and the risk of errors.
• Imports changed employees, patients, schedules and patient care plans into the CareWatch system automatically.
• Sends completed visit information, including care plan results, to the Allscripts Telephony Verification queue so that the completed visit can be verified, attended and billed.
• Delivers visit information within minutes of the visit being completed.
- Allow visit verification using the patient’s phone, the caregiver’s GPS capable smart phone, the Carewatch EVV Token or a combination of these.
- Utilizes full capabilities of the Carewatch Quality Assurance Rules Engine to hold visits based on different rules for each visit type:
- Data quality and completion
- Critical care items
- Visit duration
- Paper Documentation requirements
- Unmatched visits to schedules
- Specifically identified patients or caregivers
- Maintains a full history of all visits to a patient including changes to notes and visit data to be used in audits.
- Customizable caregiver rules (allow changes in visit times, perform different types of tasks, collect metrics …)
- Includes caregiver performance indicators on a per visit basis. (early, late, long, short, completeness of care plan, changes made to start and/or end times)
- Integrates voice and text-to-speech messaging for caregiver notification of events, alerts or visit notes.
- Logs all changes made in the Companion. (who, why, what, when)
- Logs all access to each Companion screen (who, what, when)
- Supports two factor login and configurable password complexity rules for the Companion.
- Matches visits to schedule based on flexible rules.
- Monitors schedule status. (arrived, departed, early, late, missed, long visit, short visit)
- Includes a full suite of patient, employee, visit and schedule reports including a Patient Detail Report that can be used for archiving all information about visits.
- Supports actual times or billing unit time (15 minutes)
Extended Features for Allscripts:
- Transfers data to Carewatch based on changes made in Allscripts with schedules, care plans, patient and care givers data.
- Transfers completed visit data to AllScripts which including care plan results and metrics entered by caregivers at the point of care.
- Allows care plans to be different per scheduled visit as defined in Allscripts.
- Support synchronization of “Made” visits.
- Supports flexible rounding and visit overlap rules.
- Flexible mileage and travel time rules sourced in Allscript or Carewatch or even mixed. Optionally integrates to the Carewatch Routes Calculation Engine.
- Allows you to schedule and manage visit types not maintained in Allscripts (administrative visits, non-billable, non-scheduled)
If you would like a live demo, please send us the following. One of our agents will contact you shortly.