“Electronic Visit Verification in the “CLOUD” with cwExchange for Homecare Homebase (HCHB)!”
The CareWatch cwExchange interface for the HCHB hosed web application allows automatic, bi-directional telephony EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) information to be exchanged between the CareWatch phone system and the HCHB billing and scheduling hosed web application directly. No user interface is required! Visits that happen at the patients home end up directly in HCHB. It’s that simple!
Agencies using Homecare Homebase home care software can optionally use Carewatch to for electronic visit verification (EVV) and data collection at the point of care. During the years, HCHB and Carewatch have expanded the interface to support new features.
From the start, the Carewatch/HCHB data exchange process has been closely integrated to allow data to be exchanged in near real-time. Recently, the interface was enhanced to allow up to the second information to be available to Carewatch at the point of care.
When a user arrives at a client, a phone call is made to a Carewatch toll free number. Visit verification is normally done by identifying calling telephone number and comparing it to the client’s phone number. Optionally, the Carewatch cwMobile cell phone application can be used to verify the employee’s location. During the arrival call, Carewatch obtains real time information on the employee’s schedule including demographics for the employee and associated schedules, care plans, and patients.
This insures that last minute schedule and care plan changes are available during the Carewatch data collection process.
• Maintains HIPAA compliant data access, storage and logging.
• Separates access to cwLink by branch, a list of branches or all branches.
• Allows visit verification using the patient’s phone, the caregiver’s GPS capable smart phone, the Carewatch EVV Token or a combination of these.
• Maintains a full history of all visits to a patient with our new data archiving feature.
• Supports customizable caregiver rules (allow changes in visit times, perform different types of tasks, collect metrics …)
• Includes caregiver performance indicators on a per visit basis. (early, late, long, short, completeness of care plan, changes made to start and/or end times)
• Integrates voice and text-to-speech messaging for caregiver notification of events, alerts or visit notes.
• Supports two factor login to cwLink utilizing SMS messaging.
• Matches visits to schedule based on flexible rules.
• Includes a full suite of patient, employee, visit and schedule reports including a Patient Detail Report that can be used to review all information about visits.
• Supports actual times or billing unit time (15 minutes)
Extended Features for HCHB:
• Transfers data to Carewatch based on changes made in HCHB with schedules, care plans, patient and care givers data.
• Transfers completed visit data to HCHB which including care plan results and metrics entered by caregivers at the point of care.
• Supports multiple episodes per patient and multiple care plans per episode.
• Includes visit exceptions handling like patient not home, patient refused access to phone, weather caused a delay.
• Handles worker initiated Cancel and Reschedule visit options.
• Collects current schedule and care plan information at the time the work calls into Carewatch.
• Supports worker substitution at the time of the phone call with automatic updates to the HCHB source scheduled visit.
• Connects to the Carewatch cwLink portal with real time visit status including arrived, departed, early, late, missed, long and short visits.